School Custodian - Gwinnett County Public Schools
Published on 05/16/2023Gwinnett County Public Schools Transportation - Suwanee, GA
$Rates up to $20.75 per hourFull Time
Primary Responsibilities: Maintain all central office facilities and grounds in a clean and orderly condition and perform duties assigned by the designated supervisory staff.
1. Perform assigned cleaning and other custodial care tasks of the GCPS Custodial Care Program that are on the schedule provided by the designated supervisor in a proficient manner.
2. Use proper materials, tools and equipment to performed assigned cleaning and other custodial care tasks.
3. Maintain custodial care tools and equipment in a clean, sanitary, and safe working condition according to instructions and guidelines of the GCPS Custodial Care Program
4. Open and secure assigned facilities or grounds areas at the time(s) instructed by the designated supervisory staff.
5. Suggest alternate cleaning practices, products, tools, or equipment for the GCPS Custodial Care Program and assist the Environmental and Supply Services Department in related evaluations to identify those that are more efficient or effective. 6. Notify management of supplies requiring replenishment and inoperable machinery, equipment, and/or plumbing fixtures.
7. Perform room and facility setups and move and relocate facility furniture and equipment.
8. Maintain appropriate, positive, and cooperative working relationships with team members, assigned facility staff, and other GCPS employees in all work related interactions.
Must be 18 years or older and have a GED or High School Diploma. Experience is preferred, but not required.