Equine Program INTERN
Published on 03/15/2023Eagle Ranch - Flowery Branch, GA
POSITION SUMMARY: Eagle Ranch is hiring an Equine Program Intern for Summer 2023 to assist the Equine Program Manager in facilitating a recreational Horse Camp experience, riding lessons, and group development activities. The Summer Intern will also assist with horse care, barn and facility maintenance, and feeding as needed. The position is seasonal and includes lodging for out-of-town applicants.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in all areas of daily Summer Horse Camp including set-up and preparation, clean-up, and execution of activities, riding groups, and trail rides. Responsible for ensuring horse, staff, and child safety during all equine events.
- According to the schedule provided by Equine Program Manager, provides daily horse care including but not limited to: feeding, watering, administering medications, grooming/bathing, exercise/schooling, basic first aid, and veterinary care.
- Assists Equine Program Manager and other staff with groups of children at the barn.
- At least 21 years of age w/ a valid U.S. Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Must be able to lift and move heavy objects up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Experienced horsemanship skills and at least 3-5 years of riding experience
- Solid understanding of horse behavior and handler safety
- Committed to high health standards and level of care for program horses
- Able to handle and ride a wide range of horses
- Capable of being certified as a Level 1 or 2 riding instructor
- At least one year of experience with children and horses in a work or volunteer environment
- Experience teaching children to ride in a formal setting preferred