Assistant to the President
Published on 05/18/2023Geneva Benefits Group - Lawrenceville, GA
Full TimeFully on-site
Geneva Benefits Group seeks an assistant to support the President in his work as leader of and spokesman for the organization. This position will function as the President’s chief of staff and provide him with administrative support. They will also serve as liaison with Geneva’s Board of Directors, other PCA agencies and permanent committees, and the denomination at large. Ultimately, this position will contribute to the effectiveness of our business by providing personalized and timely support to the President. The position reports to the President.
- Function as the President’s chief of staff:
- Act as a trusted ally to the President who understands Geneva’s ministry, how the agency relates to the broader PCA, and can communicate that with clarity and grace, as needed.
- Answer phone calls and respond to other communications as directed.
- Communicate on the President’s behalf, as directed.
- Coordinate and prioritize the President’s meetings and act as a gatekeeper for access to his time, especially for external stakeholders.
- Act as a point of contact for executives, employees, clients, and other external partners and vendors.
- Serve as liaison between Geneva and its Board of Directors:
- Plan and coordinate three board meetings per year, including venue, food, travel, lodgings, and staff participation.
- Prepare the docket for each meeting.
- Manage preparation, storage, and destruction of all board documents and files.
- Oversee the board member nomination and new member onboarding process.
- Manage and oversee the President’s responsibilities for General Assembly:
- Manage Geneva’s Committee of Commissioners, including preparation of all documents, coordinating convener, arranging for gifts for commissioners, and any other necessary requirements.
- Coordinate preparation of and presentation of President’s GA floor presentation.
- Serve as Geneva’s liaison for collaboration among PCA agencies and permanent committees.
- Provide administrative support to the President by managing travel, calendars, meetings, expenses, and correspondence.
- Overseeing the company vehicle including maintenance, registration, and mileage records.
- Strong devotion to Jesus Christ, holiness, and a passion to make Him known.
- A Christian whose life reflects spiritual maturity as evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit and knowledge of the basics of the faith.
- Active member of an evangelical church that affirms the tenets of historic Christianity (PCA church preferred but not required).
- In agreement with Geneva’s Statement of Faith.
- The utmost ability for discretion and confidentiality.
- A knowledge and understanding of the PCA as a denomination.
- A proactive and resourceful individual, with the ability to meet deadlines and to work independently to complete tasks in an accurate manner.
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Committed lifelong learner.
- Strong collaborative skills in order to work well with other Geneva associates and other PCA committees and agencies.
- Tenacity to persevere in a challenging business environment.
- 4-year college degree, preferred.
- At least 5 years of successful related business experience as an Executive Assistant or an equivalent role.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat, Asana project management software, and other relevant professional software products.
Location and Travel
Geneva’s offices are located in Lawrenceville, Georgia. This is an in-office position. Remote work is not an option. Periodic travel to support the work will be required.
About Geneva Benefits Group
As an agency of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), the role of Geneva Benefits Group is to “Prepare, Protect, and Nurture” minsters, missionaries, lay employees and their employing ministries through the provision of employee benefits, financial consultation and counseling. This is accomplished through providing the benefits and educating eligible PCA ministry partners about them. The benefits include the plans, programs and services provided through Geneva, including the PCA 403(b) Retirement Plan, PCA Group Insurance Plans, the Geneva Relief Fund program, and the counseling ministries of ServantCare and Cherish.
Location1700 N Brown Road, Suite 106, Lawrenceville, GA 30043