Senior Strategic Planning Manager
Published on 03/03/2023Guide Stone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Senior Strategic Planning Manager owns and manages the strategic innovation process for the Insurance Line of Business (ILOB). The Strategic Planning Manager - Insurance is responsible for the expansion of GuideStone’s serviceable obtainable market (SOM) into its serviceable available market (SAM) and its total available market (TAM) by establishing and executing on an innovation strategy that guides GuideStone into new markets, product lines, sales channels, and verticals. This individual will identify innovative solutions and guide them to fruition shepherding the ILOB towards accomplishing its mission and achieving its strategic goals.
What you will do:
- Works with and reports to the Managing Director – Insurance Market Strategy to develop and accomplish departmental goals.
- Build and execute business models which position the insurance line of business competitively and increases market share, diversifies revenue, and delivers sustainable profitable growth.
- Develop business models that outline customer segments, value propositions, communication/distribution/sales channels, customer relationships, revenue streams, key resources, key activities, key partners and cost structures in order to expand GuideStone’s SOM.
- Solve customer problems within current and prospective market segments.
- Conduct in-depth market, competitor, prospect, and customer research.
- Lead the analysis of threats, opportunities, weaknesses, and strengths to identify attractive market segments for expansion.
- Develop business plans which outline strategies, systems, direction, and processes to be used to capture opportunity.
- Model market awareness of competition, government intervention, and technology (including topics such as market trends, fintech, insuretech, healthtech, big data/AI, etc.)
- Understand the needs of the market, use market and customer insights and translate these insights into effective solution strategies and programs.
- Display a growth mindset to conscientiously innovate and adapt as needed in response to internal and external factors and to continually elevate service for an evolving customer profile.
- Remains a stakeholder though the implementation process, which is owned by Program Management.
- Partner with insurance strategic finance in the evaluation of mergers, acquisitions, and alliances.
- Works with ILOB stakeholders to achieve ILOB’s organizational development goals.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities and/or Relationships
- Possibility of future direct reports; none current.
- Lead strategic project teams.
What you will need:
- Possesses an inquisitive and creative mind, with superior research and analytical skills to track and predict trends.
- Works independently and self-directed while collaborating within the ILOB and GuideStone corporate.
- Strong knowledge of business in general, including startups, entrepreneurship, and developing new customer segments and verticals.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence executive leadership. Must have excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills.
- Willing to take calculated risks, and appropriately evaluate and communicate the level of risk being undertaken.
- Strong knowledge of GuideStone’s business and the health and welfare industry at large.
- Strong knowledge of churches, church plans, and the needs and problems of ministers and ministry workers.
- Ability to be flexible and pivot as required.
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 5-7 years experience in Product, Marketing, Research and Development, Innovation, or Strategy.
- Must have complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters.
- Travel 5% annually.
About Guide Stone
GuideStone is a diversified Christian financial services provider, offering retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive planning products and services to the Southern Baptist and wider evangelical Christian community. GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family and is located in Dallas, Texas.
LocationDallas, TX 75244