Managing Director, Retirement Program Management - Product Development
Published on 03/14/2023Guide Stone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Managing Director, Retirement Program Management leads the product activities of GuideStone’s Retirement line of business including product development, product management, retirement scrum team, and process review. Responsibilities include planning, research, execution, implementation, and optimization efforts – leveraging appropriate product management and process methodologies. This position helps create continuous value in GuideStone’s Retirement offerings by overseeing the process of enhancing current and new products and services that are aligned with the trends and needs of customers.
Product Strategy Development
- Build and execute a sound product strategy that positions the Retirement line of business competitively and increases market share, diversifies revenue, delivers sustainable, profitable growth, and enhances the customer experience.
- Works with the Chief Retirement Officer to set the direction of existing products and services, and responsible for ideation, concept design, development, piloting, implementation, and optimization – targeting our service obtainable market and our service addressable market.
- Leverage executive presence and thought leadership to proactively identify and champion product and services growth opportunities for Retirement LOB.
- Collaborate with all functions within the Retirement line of business, including sales, relationship management, business strategy, compliance, operations, and other support areas to develop product strategies for existing products and services.
- Communicate and coordinate with other GuideStone product lines and shared services in enhancing existing products and services for our customers and prospects.
- Responsible for defining the long-term vision and roadmaps of the existing product offerings and key business applications.
Research and Optimization
- Develops and maintains an understanding of customers, competitors, partners, business models, market sizing, regulatory, legislative, and industry trends.
- Display a growth mindset to conscientiously innovate and adapt as needed in response to internal and external factors and to continually elevate service for an evolving customer profile.
- Lead efforts to assess, validate, and measure the needs and trends of customers through research, including the voice of the customer (VOC) strategies, analytics, competitive analysis, industry trends, and in collaboration with LOB leaders and stakeholders.
- Lead efforts to implement new, enhance, and optimize existing retirement product offerings to be scalable and sustainable – leveraging agile methodologies to minimize time to market.
- Lead efforts to review and optimize business processes assessing current state, analytics, outlining ideal state, leading implementation, and process performance monitoring.
- Regularly communicate with LOB leadership and key stakeholders regarding key project status, metrics, and other pertinent information to help ensure timely deliverables and meeting customer needs (internal and external).
- Oversee business activities including training, communications, etc., required to support the launch of new or enhancing retirement products and services.
- Maintain pricing structures and conduct benchmarking of current products and services to drive adoption and ensure competitive positioning.
- Manage vendor relationships as appropriate.
Supervisory Responsibilities and/or Relationships
- Responsible for full scope of supervision including reviewing performance of assigned staff.
- Support and coach professional development and training of others as needed.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities for Product Development, Product Management, Retirement Scrum Team, and Process Review.
- Lead cross-functional and cross-organizational team as needed.
- The leader is expected to be accountable, commit to excellence, be trustworthy and deliver selfless service as a member of the Retirement line of business leadership team.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s degree, preferred.
- Travel up to 15% annually.
- 5+ years of experience in product strategy.
- 5+ years management/leadership experience.
- Mission-based leader with the ability to highly influence others.
- Proven track record of successfully leading product management, scrum, and process functions.
- Proven leadership and management ability.
- Proven track record of building a customer centric engagement process
- Understanding of product management and Agile methodologies.
- Understanding of UI/UX design.
- Understanding of business optimization and LEAN methodologies.
- Experience working with vendors.
- Extensive knowledge of the Retirement industry and products, investment products, and knowledge of regulations and tax rules for church-based businesses, and the competitive environment relative to GuideStone products.
- Extensive knowledge of GuideStone Retirement including all products offered, how they operate, the strengths and weaknesses of each, and how they relate to competitors’ products and services.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to situations as needed
- Ability to establish priorities for multiple tasks.
- Total dedication to customer excellence in service.
- Highly proficient in MS Office and appropriate GuideStone system applications.
About Guide Stone
GuideStone is a diversified Christian financial services provider, offering retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive planning products and services to the Southern Baptist and wider evangelical Christian community. GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family and is located in Dallas, Texas.
LocationDallas, TX 75244