Associate Group Underwriter - Insurance
Published on 04/27/2023Guide Stone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Associate Group Underwriter prepares and reviews all proposals for all insurance products. Prepares risk analysis for use as a guide to determine medical rates/benefits for Group Plan prospecting clients of 2-100 lives. Assists Insurance Marketing Personnel as needed with verbal and written communication to prospective clients and existing clients. Approves issue of new products for groups 2-100 lives.
What you will do:
Determine rates for all products for groups 2-100 lives.
Preparation/review of proposals.
Knowledge of risk analysis tool and knowledge of how to use the tool to determine rates within guidelines.
Client (current and prospective) contact.
Approve new business for issue.
Supervisory Responsibilities and/or Relationships
- Responsibility for providing guidance in areas of incumbent’s particular expertise.
- Responsibility for the coordination of the completion of assigned tasks.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in insurance or business related field or equivalent work experience.
- Travel less than 5%-7% annually.
- Successful completion of Actuarial exams preferred.
- Proficient PC skills in MS Office and appropriate GuideStone system applications.
- Command of the various features of spreadsheet software and how to use them effectively with respect to memory and processing time.
- Two plus years of group insurance experience is required.
- Complete and thorough knowledge of GuideStone insurance plans and strong mathematical ability.
- Adherence to personnel policies and various GuideStone standards and security measures; adherence to Federal/State regulations related to insurance.
- Ability to understand new problems/situations quickly and with depth and insight; to formulate findings into understandable language; ability to distinguish weaknesses and strengths of a situation as well as the needs.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical persons or persons of other technical orientations in their terminology; ability to produce reports which require minimal modifications; sense of proportion in what is and is not important to communicate.
- To have foresight for future developments and in explaining those areas which will be difficult to interpret at a later time; to know when to defer decision making to next management level; to use good discretion in selecting approaches to problems and in testing; evaluation of alternate strategies when applicable.
- Ability to plan so that progress is made on more than one assignment at a time; to make maximum use of resources such as PC time; ability to organize so that tasks are not neglected or forgotten; ability to organize data, functions, and documentation so that needed information is easily retrievable.
- Ability to identify sources which may provide pertinent information; to interpret information from a variety of references; ability to learn from reference materials such as regulatory updates, plan documents, computer reference manuals, text books.
- Ability to accomplish work properly with little follow-up; in emergency situations, show initiative and reliability to help with a solution; can be relied upon when special needs arise; able to meet target dates; ability to perform equally well in the presence and absence of supervision.
- Must have complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters.
About Guide Stone
GuideStone is a diversified Christian financial services provider, offering retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive planning products and services to the Southern Baptist and wider evangelical Christian community. GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family and is located in Dallas, Texas.
LocationDallas, TX 75244