Internal Wholesaler - Investments Sales
Published on 04/24/2023Guide Stone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
GuideStone Funds Internal Wholesaler works to develop business for the GuideStone Funds through the Advisory and Institutional channels. The Internal Wholesaler builds RIA and private wealth advisor relationships though a consultative sales process. Working in partnership with these advisors, the Sales Consultant strives to position GuideStone Funds’ array of mutual funds within clients’ investment portfolios.
What you will do:
- Develop a business plan annually and devise the necessary activities, strategies and tactics to achieve goals and grow the business accordingly.
- Proactively develop consultative relationships with RIA and Private Wealth advisors in assigned territory by a combination of cold calls, warm calls, and e-marketing.
- Maintain consistently high calling activity to develop an expansive active prospect pipeline of financial professionals
- Qualify, follow up and leverage relationships developed through these initiatives to position the GuideStone Funds
- Maintain and expand existing relationships in assigned regional territory by executing proactive, creative and ongoing contact in territory
- Document all advisor activity in SalesForce, update SalesForce advisor database for assigned territory and keep up to date and accurate Outlook calendar.
- Partner with the Investment Sales Consultants to capitalize on qualified advisor leads while providing territory specific information to initiate call campaigns.
- Represent and serve GuideStone with integrity so as to both support and further its mission and values.
- Assist the Director of Investment Sales with other department-wide projects as assigned such as marketing strategy design, budget development and tracking, reporting processes and other activities as assigned.
- Maintain professional development and ongoing personal education/growth.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Work to identify cross sell opportunities of other GuideStone products and services.
- Work in unison with the Client Services area of GuideStone Capital Management.
What you will need:
- Series 7 and 63 preferred
- Proficient PC skills in MS Office and applicable GuideStone system applications.
- Requires 1-3 years’ experience in financial services and sales.
- Experience in sales, investment management, employee benefits/retirement plan administration, and/or financial services are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to sell.
- Ability to balance the sometimes competing needs of multiple Investment Sales Consultants.
- Understanding of and ability to communicate investment management and financial planning concepts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of investment management philosophy.
- Working knowledge of retirement plans and executive benefit arrangements.
- Working knowledge of current investment and SEC legal environments.
- Working knowledge of current retirement and pension legal environments.
- Ability to think analytically.
- Ability to clearly communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to coordinate travel with GuideStone office work and personal commitments.
- Working knowledge of sales principles.
- Public speaking/presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of SBC polity, philosophy and history.
- Must have complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters.
- Must be a member of a Southern Baptist Church
About Guide Stone
GuideStone is a diversified Christian financial services provider, offering retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive planning products and services to the Southern Baptist and wider evangelical Christian community. GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family and is located in Dallas, Texas.
LocationDallas, TX 75244